i've got a little black dot on my back left bottom molar and a brown spot on the exact same place on my back right bottom molar? im scared, is it a hole?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - December - 2011, at 02:29 AM

• Dark spots on tooth can either be dental caries or can be a stain present on the tooth. Dental caries causes no pain initially but after some time, they cause sensitivity and pain. It can be a stain present on tooth which can occur because of smoking, tobacco consumption or can occur because of excess tea or coffee consumption. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. If it is dental caries present on tooth, then restoration can be done. Restoration can be done with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. If it is stain present on the tooth, then dental cleaning can be done to remove the stains from the tooth. If it is a stain present on tooth and has occurred because of smoking or tobacco, then quit the habit. If you are in habit of excess tea or coffee consumption, then take them in moderate amounts and rinse your mouth after its intake to avoid staining of teeth. To have healthy teeth and gums, maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on tooth decay, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/article_causes-and-symptoms-of-dental-caries-229.aspx

Free Dental Consultation