I have a youth the is broken down to the surface on the back right bottom of my mouth. Recently a wisdom tooth has pushed up against what is left of the broken tooth causing severe pain. I think it is coming in sideway our at least severely slanted. My question is, since the broken tooth beds to be pulled anyway, if I had it pulled would that give the wisdom tooth enough room to come on and would it come in straight or remain crooked and it should be removed a well.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - January - 2012, at 02:54 AM

• If broken tooth can be saved, then better save it. In case of badly mutilated tooth, root canal treatment followed by post and core procedure and dental crown is given for the tooth. If tooth is unrestorable and can’t be saved, then tooth extraction is required for the broken tooth. If wisdom tooth is severely slanted, then it will not become straight by extraction of adjacent tooth. If tooth is severely slanted and impacted, then extraction may be required for the wisdom tooth. Without clinical examination and without seeing your x-rays, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. Your dentist will taken an x-ray to see that whether broken tooth can be saved or not and whether wisdom tooth can be moved towards extracted second molar.  For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation