I had 6 months of pain from a broken tooth, i finally got it extracted and now everyone in the world is scaring me about dry socket and i just wanted to make sure that it was healing properly. Other than a sore throat and a slight ache in my jaw there is a small dark red spot surrounded by greyish white stuff over the extraction sight. I had it removed at noon on Monday....should I be expecting dry socket or am i actually healing?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - June - 2011, at 19:15 PM

• Dry socket is basically formed if the clot from the tooth extraction site dislodges and that happens mostly within 24 hours after tooth extraction. In that case you have acute pain and swelling on that area. Your case it looks like that your socket is healing normally as you have very mild pain and this is normal after tooth extraction for atleast one week. Still follow all instructions given by dentist and do warm saline rinses very gently 2-3 times a day. It is not always that dry socket forms and if you really take precautions like not smoking, using straw to drink then it is not formed. For more info on dry socket condition you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-a-dry-socket-155.aspx

Free Dental Consultation