Hi. I had my last molar tooth removed approximately 7 weeks ago. The healing seemed to be going fine until 2 days ago. I was eating some food and it felt like I had eaten something and couldn't get it out, so I just left it. For the first time I used electric tooth brush and gave the extraction area a good clean. Since then it has formed a flesh coloured squidgy lump that has covered the entire extraction area between wisdom tooth and 2nd last molar. It is flesh in colour with a slight yellowish twinge about it and quite squidgy. Around the same time that it developed I have now got a large ulcer in my cheek beside upper teeth and a few white spots that are painless. The lump is totally painless by the way. Would this be a reaction to the heavy toothbrushing, or food lodged in hole? Just seems strange as I don't know how it could just appear in a couple of days when it was still a hole? Does it sound like cancer?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - November - 2011, at 00:16 AM

• Flesh colored squidgy lump can be because of irritation to tooth extraction socket. Forceful brushing can cause development of squidgy layer. Ulcer in relation to cheek can be because of injury to the gums during forceful brushing or can be because of some irritant. Aphthous ulcers are self- limiting and will heal on its own in 10-14 days. You can continue with warm saline rinses for faster healing to take place. Complete healing of tooth extraction socket must not have taken place and traumatizing of extraction socket can lead to formation of flesh colored lump. Keep the tooth extraction socket area clean but don’t overdo it that it causes any irritation.  You can do gentle brushing on that site. Lump will probably regress in 3-4 days. You can avoid eating from that side of tooth extraction socket and can take soft diet. For more info on complications after tooth extraction, refer to…    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation