I had a dental crown for a tooth with a large cavity done a couple of months ago. I still have pain in that tooth however it does feel much better after I brush. I was wondering if there is any medicine I could buy at the drug store to help with the pain during the day. I have gone back to my dentist once and they said everything looked fine. I appreciate your help. Thanks, Tim

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - November - 2011, at 01:39 AM

• Pain can be because of deposits around the dental crown which can lead to gum infection around dental crown and soreness. Pain may also be because of infection present in the tooth. With dental crown, it is important to keep the area around dental crown clean. You can use an Interdental brush to remove the deposits around teeth. If there is pain in the tooth with dental crown present, then it can be because of infection in tooth and root canal treatment may also be required. If there is swelling present around crowned tooth, then you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. You can also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria in oral cavity. For more info on problems after crown placement, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation