am 9 months pregnant having a hard time chewing food up with the back of my teeth, i have never had this problem before. Jinding myself swallowin almost whole pieces of meats etc.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - November - 2011, at 01:44 AM

• Hormonal changes during pregnancy leads to change in response of gums to plaque and increases the incidence of gum problems and can cause pregnancy gingivitis. You might be finding difficulty in chewing due to gum infection in relation to the molars or because of decay in tooth.  Neglecting ordinary oral care because of press of other duties may increase the incidence of dental caries in pregnant females. Maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. You can also use a mouth wash to reduce bacteria in oral cavity. Consult a dentist for examination. Dentist will diagnose that whether it is because of gum problem or tooth decay. If there is decay present in relation to back teeth, then your dentist can do tooth restoration.  He may give you a temporary dental filling or may delay the treatment. For more info on dental care during pregnancy, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_dental-care-tips-during-pregnancy-191.aspx

Free Dental Consultation