Is the way of straightening the teeths same for metal braces n ceramic braces? I have taken ortho treatment using ceramic braces wheras my cousins had taken with steel braces.I am 23 years of age my dr has left sm spaces between my teeths n put off my braces.My teeth doesnt look symmetrical frm both d sides(left n right bcz of gaps). my dr says its normal...Is it so???my cousins teeth are with no gap left after removal of braces my dr also says bcz of ur age some % of your teeth get back outwrds..I am so worried after listenin this..what should I do nw??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - June - 2011, at 08:19 AM

• First of all you have to visit the dentist to confirm the diagnosis and if it is extra tooth which is called as supernumery tooth then you will have to get it extracted as it is causing the pain. Pain relief medicines will give you temporary relief and extraction is recommended in such cases.

• Tuhin Roychowdhury

Tuhin Roychowdhury 06 - June - 2011, at 21:04 PM

• I am 23 years old boy...I have a extra teeth in the most right and left corner above my mouth..It seems to pain.Is I have to remove those teeth or take some medicine to relief from pain and remain the teeth same place???

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2010, at 19:36 PM

• The treatment procedure is the same in both cases irrespective of type of braces. It is same for Metal Braces as well as Ceramic Braces. Though the outcame varies from case to case. If you feel that gaps are left and it is not looking good then you can discuss with your orthodontist. The gaps are not because of ceramic braces. It is the treatment procedure and it is also true that with increased age the chances of relapse are more. But if you are particular about wearing of retainers after braces, then relapse will not be there. For more info you can read the following article from our website.. www.identalhub.com/dental-ceramic-braces-with-colored-ties-620.aspx

Free Dental Consultation