I have periodontsis. Having daily pain in a few back teeth, and throughout gums...ears and temples also. Recent convulsions when i get upset...related? May also have impacted wisdom tooth. Cant afford treatment yet. How severe is my diagnosis by my symptoms, and whats wrong with my mouth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 00:28 AM

• When gum infection extends from gum tissue to periodontal tissues, then it causes periodontitis. Loss of attachment and bone loss occurs in case of periodontitis. Periodontitis occurs due to plaque and calculus deposits in relation to teeth due to inadequate oral hygiene measures. Emotional stress, systemic diseases and behavioral habits like smoking increase the incidence of periodontal infections. Periodontitis can cause dull pain which may be radiating deep into the jaws and causes swelling of gums. If condition is not treated, then it will lead to tooth mobility and fall of teeth. Radiating pain in back teeth can also be there because of wisdom tooth eruption. If there is not enough space for wisdom teeth to erupt that is wisdom tooth is impacted, then it causes pain which may also be radiating to head and neck and causes swelling of the gums and jaws. You can visit a dentist for evaluation and treatment. Dental cleaning, root planning and or periodontal surgery can be done for periodontitis. If wisdom teeth are impacted, then surgical extraction of wisdom tooth can be done. If you have cost constrains, then you can visit a dental school where treatment is done by dental students under supervision of experienced dentists or can look for free dental clinics near you. You can also talk to your local dentist if you can pay in installments for treatment. By the time, you visit a dentist, you can do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day for some relief and maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on periodontitis, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-periodontitis-903.aspx

Free Dental Consultation