dentist told me my bottom second to last molar needs to come out. It is cracked and has a deep cavity. It does not hurt so i was wondering if i could wait to pull until it starts giving me problems or should i get it done right away. I would like to keep as long as possible if i could or would it cause me more problems to hold off for now. Thanks for your time

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - August - 2011, at 01:04 AM

• In case of cracked and decayed molar, the line of treatment depends on the location of crack line. If the crack line is horizontal and is present on the tooth, then the tooth can be saved by root canal therapy and capping but if there is vertical crack line present, it is always better to extract the tooth. You can get the tooth extracted now and get it replaced with implants. If you don’t have much of money for implants, you can even opt for fixed bridge. It is better to get the tooth pulled out now as later it may cause some complication. For more info on signs and symptoms of cracked tooth, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation