i have a bottom molar that needs to be extracted due to a deep cavity. It doesnt hurt much right now and would like to keep as soon as possible. Can i wait a while until it starts to bother me or should i get it done asap? thanks

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - August - 2011, at 23:26 PM

• It is always better to save a tooth by getting treatment done for it than getting it extracted. Even if you have a deep cavity in your tooth, you can still save the tooth by getting root canal therapy for it followed by capping. In case of root canal procedure, the nerve which is responsible for pain and is infected is removed and is replaced with a filling material. Extraction is mostly done when the tooth can’t be saved. Even if the tooth is not paining much as of now, it may cause pain and some complication later on so it’s better to get the treatment for the tooth done. You can either get root canal treatment done or can go for extraction. If you get your tooth extracted, you can get it replaced with implants. If you find implants expensive, you can opt for fixed bridge. For more info on root canal therapy, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-root-canal-therapy-rct-102.aspx

Free Dental Consultation