i have been diognosed w/ a rare gum desiease wich is causing me to have bad breath.This is affecting me so bad mentally that i want to get a full mouth extraction.i can't afford the continuous treatments.i am anti-social and very depressed because of this.my teeth are healthy but my gums are bad.can i get a full mouth extraction without dentist recommndation.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - November - 2011, at 00:23 AM

• If your teeth are healthy, then full mouth extraction is not advised. It is better to save teeth than getting it pulled out. If you get full mouth extraction done and then replace your teeth with dentures, then that is also going to cost you. Instead you can get treatment done for your gum problem.  If there is gum disease present, then you can get gum surgery done to correct it. Gum infections like periodontitis, periodontal pockets, acute gingival infections cause bad odor from mouth but these conditions can be treated. You don’t have to get your teeth pulled out if there is gum infection present which is causing bad breath. You can get treatment done for gum disease. If you don’t have money for treatment, then you can approach any of the dental schools near your place where treatment provided is cheap. You can also talk to your dentist if you can pay in installments for getting dental treatment for gum disease. Apart from getting treatment done, you should maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly, clean tongue regularly and take more of fluids to avoid bad breath. To mask bad breath, you can also use mouth wash, mints, sugar free gums. For more info on prevention and remedies of bad breath, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_prevention-and-remedies-of-bad-breath-18.aspx

Free Dental Consultation