hi. I have a hole in the tooth and it has been bleeding... today is the worst. when i woke up, there is a little RED lump outside the whole its like soft like gum and it is bleeding like hell. i need help thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - August - 2011, at 00:16 AM

• The hole in the tooth can be deep caries which has reached the nerve that is the pulp. The decay has extended to the pulp or it is due to the presence of pulp polyp in the tooth that it is bleeding. You need to get root canal treatment for this. In case of root canal the infectious portion of the tooth is replaced by the filling material and is followed by capping of the teeth. The infection might have spread to the gum now and a lump is formed on the gum.  If there is swelling present around the gum, then you can do warm saline rinses for some relief.  Maintain a good oral hygiene and keep that tooth area clean. Avoid eating anything from that side of the tooth. It is advised to consult your dentist asap and get the treatment done for it before the problem aggravates. For more info on root canal therapy, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-root-canal-therapy-rct-102.aspx

Free Dental Consultation