The instant my new crown was put on a left lower molar I experienced excruciating pain in my left jaw. In two weeks it has not gone away. But pain pills deaden it temporarily. The pain can start anywhere---a splitting headache, front teeth. cheeks, temples, earache, neck but once the tooth/jaw starts hurting these other pains go away spontaneously. It's a mystery. At times my whole head is involved in pain, but then it settles in the capped tooth in a minute or two. Pain pills can take from 5 min. to 30 min. to work. What is wrong? I had the tooth buffed some to better the bite but it didn't help the pain. Now the tooth above it is painful too and the gum is sore. I swish with peroxide daily in case of infection.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - March - 2010, at 10:36 AM

• If after 2 weeks the pain has not gone then that means the tooth which iscrowned is infected. You have not mentioned whether the tooth was root canal treated or not. If it was not root canal treated then the root canal has to be done. If already it is root canal treated then re root canal treatment is advised. Your dentist after taking the X-ray and the history can decide the treatment. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation