I HAD REAL BAD PAIN FROM A TOOTH THAT GOT BROKEN DOWN TO THE GUM LINE 1 MONTH AGO THE PAIN STARTED LAST WEEK AFTER 4 DAYS OF ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF ASPIRIN THERE IS NO MORE PAIN BUT ABOVE MY LIP AND A LITTLE BIT OF MY JAW IS STIFFING UP AND SWELL UP A LITTLE DOES THIS MEAN ITS INFECTED AND IS NOW SPREADING AND HOW WOULD THEY TREAT THIS

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 00:56 AM

• Infection in broken tooth can cause pain and discomfort. Infection can spread from infected tooth to adjacent tissues and bone and can lead to other complications. If there is broken tooth present, then you need to get treatment done for your broken tooth. If tooth is badly mutilated, then root canal treatment followed by post and core and dental crown can be given for the tooth. If tooth is unrestorable, then tooth can be extracted and replaced with dental implants or dental bridge. Aspirin will only reduce pain for that point of time but will not treat the infection. You need to visit your dentist to get treatment done for the infected tooth. Your dentist may prescribe you antibiotics before treatment to reduce the infection. For detailed info on cracked tooth, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation