I have this lump on the middle left side of my jaw. Its not in my actual jaw it seems to be just sitting outside but below the skin. I can move it around but it just goes back to its origional spot. It is painful to the touch.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - January - 2012, at 04:08 AM

• Lump on jaw can be there because of infected tooth. Impingement of some sharp food stuff can also lead to swelling of the jaw and can cause soreness. If it is present at the end of jaw, then it can be because of wisdom tooth eruption. It can also be a canker sore or can be there because of some pathology. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You have to visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. If it is because of infected tooth, then treatment is required for the infected tooth. If it is there because of impingement of some sharp food stuff, then it will regress on removal of sharp food stuff. Wisdom tooth eruption can lead to swelling of the jaws and gums and can lead to soreness. By the time, you visit your dentist, you can do warm saline rinses for some relief. If it is paining bad, then you can apply orajel over it or can take otc pain med. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation