I have an RPD for my entire lower jaw. The lower right side has no teeth at all. The left has some four teeth, intermittent. When I eat anything, the right side upper and lower dentals do not fully occlude. However, the left side occludes well. As a result, all food has to be chewed, mashed, only on the left side. The right side practically serves no purpose in chewing, grinding. As a result, now I am experiencing pain on the left facial muscles up to the nasal upper portion. I realize my left jaws are doing heavy work. Is there a solution to this? Can something be done to slightly raise my right side lower denture by some foundation material like lining? Any workable solution can be suggested to me. My local dentist said nothing can be done until I lose the remaining teeth on the lower (left) side and a complete denture for the lower side is got made. Will pain killers help reducing the facial pain? Thanks. subbu

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2010, at 20:33 PM

• To raise the bite so that the right side also occludes you have to get the new dentures made in which the occlusion is regictered well or you have to wait for the teeth to come out. If you take pain killers it will reduce the pain but very temporarily. If the natural teeth present on the left side are quite firm then it is better to go for a new RPD in which the teeth on the right side occlude well. For more info on dentures you can visit the following link on our website....  http://www.identalhub.com/article_various-types-of-dentures-170.aspx

Free Dental Consultation