I broke a molar,top left, the week before Christmas,but could not go to the dentist at the time as i had the flu,i still have a blocked aching ear and a sore throat, but the doctor looked in my ear and said it was clear, could it be the tooth that is coursing the problem?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - January - 2011, at 20:08 PM

• Yes, the pain in tooth can be because of your broken molar as it can be infected. In case of upper molar, it is common to have pain in the ear or the that side of head if the tooth is infected. As your GP says that you donot have any infection in the ear then you should visit dentist to get the tooth evaluated. Dentist will do xray and find out the extent of decay and infection and accordingly will advise you for treatment. Most probable treatment for this is getting the Root Canal Treatment done and to get crown above that. The Root Canal Treatment will take care of any infection in the tooth and as the tooth becomes brittle after RCT, you have to go for crown on tooth. For more info on RCT you can read the following article in our website... www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation