i wanted to get braces done and i only needed to close the gap in the front of my teeth, but my orthodentist told me to have my cavities done first. then i had to spend almost 2000 alone on fillings and extractions. is it necessary to have them done because i really can not afford it. and i have no insurance.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2010, at 19:38 PM

• Yes, it is necessary to get the fillings and whatever extractions are done before the braces are put. With braces as such it is dfficult to maintain the oral hygeine and if you already have the cavities then it becomes more complicated. If you do not get the fillings done before and the tooth starts paining then with braces the treatment of the tooth becomes difficult. Your braces treatment can also be delayed. So it is always better to get all the fillings done and if you need to get any extractions done like the extraction of wisdom teeth, it should be done before the braces are put. For more info on braces you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/dental-things-to-know-before-getting-dental-braces-764.aspx

Free Dental Consultation