My dentist told me my wisdom tooth is pressing on a nerve .I went to the emergency room .They gave me painkillers and antibiotics ,they are not working.i will not be able to see my dentist until Monday .do you have any suggestions to help with the pain.?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - October - 2011, at 02:53 AM

• Your wisdom tooth must be very close to inferior alveolar nerve which is present in relation to lower teeth which must be causing the problem. For some pain relief, you can take the pain meds and antibiotics as prescribed to you. Antibiotics start becoming effective from the third day and will reduce the infection in the area. Along with that, you can do warm saline rinses to reduce the swelling of the jaw and gums which must be present due to infected wisdom tooth. Make sure that you brush till the end to avoid any food deposits. Food accumulates if present there aggravates the pain.  Avoid eating from that side and see your dentist on Monday. Wisdom tooth extraction will be done to remove infection. For more info on wisdom teeth, refer to following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation