I am a 46 year old female with excellent dental health. About 18 months ago, I developed a small painless bump below the gum of a tooth I had crowned about 10 + years ago. It is rather flat when I wake up in the morning and enlarges with chewing throughout the day. About a week ago, I developed an identical bump on the outside gum of the same tooth--same scenario--small, painless, enlarges with chewing. I have seen both my dentist and an oral surgeon. They can find nothing wrong with the tooth by the bumps. They're more of an annoyance thn anything else. The outside bump is almost completely flat though now that I have developed this new bump. My gum health is excellent, no signs of gingivitis or bleeding. Any idea what's going on?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - July - 2010, at 20:06 PM

• It looks like that your crowned tooth is infected. There may be some leakage or infection which has caused this.There is no pain as the infection is coming out from the sinus. You have not mentioned whether the crowned tooth was root canal treated before or not. If it is not root canal treated then get the root canal treatment and if it is already root canal treated then re root canal treatment is recommended. but final diagnosis can be made only after seeing the case clinically and seeing te X-ray's. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.......http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-if-root-canal-treatment-fails-303.aspx

Free Dental Consultation