8 Days ago I had two teeth pulled. The upper molar's just behind the bicuspids on the right and left side. The right extraction site is healing up really well and is almost closed up already but the left side is completely different. When I look at it I can see exactly where the roots went down into. It looks completely open but not raw or bloody. Its as if it healed but didn't close up. It doesn't hurt at all it just has an uncomfortable pressure like feeling to it. There is a white piece of something running parallel to my jaw that is painful when bumped by my tounge or food. Is there anything I can do about this? Or should I worry?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - November - 2011, at 04:02 AM

• Healing of tooth extraction socket depends on trauma to the tissues during tooth extraction. Tooth extraction of left molar might be more difficult than extraction of molars on the right side or there might be more trauma to the tissues during left side molar tooth extraction as compared to molars on right side. If it was a simple tooth extraction, then tooth extraction socket will heal in 10-14 days. For faster healing of extraction socket, you can continue with warm saline rinses. White piece can be because of food deposits or can be because of healing of tooth extraction socket. Keep the tooth extraction socket area clean to avoid any secondary infections. For more info on tooth extraction healing, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-healing-of-the-extraction-socket-874.aspx

Free Dental Consultation