hi i had pain in one of my tooths, i could not sleep the whole night due to it. I saw the doctor, there was no swelling around the tooth, however almost half the tooth was damaed due to decay. doctor gave anasthesia and did the filling. However after anasthesia was gone, my tooth started paining more, this time it was more than previous pain. is this normal?? should i see the dentist again??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2011, at 23:36 PM

• Pain after 2-3 days of dental filling is normal. Dental filling takes 2-3 days to settle. But if the pain is very severe and is unbearable, then you can visit your dentist. Dental filling may be high or may be close to the dental nerve which might be the reason of pain.  If there is some high point on dental filling, then selective grinding can be done to correct it and if the filling is close to the nerve, then root canal treatment may be required for the tooth. In case of root canal treatment, the infectious nerve portion of the tooth is removed and is replaced with filling material. For the time being, avoid eating anything from that side of the tooth. For more info on pain after dental filling, you can refer to following article…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_Reasons-of-Tooth-Ache-or-Pain-after-Dental-Filling-812.aspx

Free Dental Consultation