hello and greeting from ireland my name is wendy and i have a gum disease for the last 15 years and i have done everything to mind them then two years ago i got breast cancer and my bones have gone weak since my treatment is over i was told my teeth are getting loose and will have to get false ones at some stage i was very upset as i dont smoke and dont have much money to pay for them yet i would love to fix my teeth somehow is there any way you could help me smile again im 49 thank you x

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2011, at 18:36 PM

• Getting treatment for the breat cancer have adverse affect on gums and teeth and as you already sufferring from gum diseases, saving the teeth becomes difficult. Still you can visit a periodontist who will assess the situation of your gums and do the treatment to save the loose teeth.  This treatment may be deep scaling or flap surgery or the bone grafting. The dentist will have to first evaluate your situation very carefully as you have undergone treatment for breast cancer for which you must have undergone some Chemo Therapy or Radio Therapy. All these thereapies have adverse affect on gums making the prognosis of gum surgeries very poor. For more info on gum surgeries you can read this articles ..... www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-surgeries-80.aspx

Free Dental Consultation