I have an terrible taste in my mouth and it won't go away no matter what I try. I have to chew fresh gum and eat breath ments non-stop just to be able to deal with the awful taste. My teeth look health and they do not hurt. I'm worried. It's also affecting my nose and not because I can smell my breath. I smell a funky sour smell every few minutes. Do you have any possible answers?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - February - 2011, at 09:59 AM

• Bad taste in the mouth can be due to local reasons like gum problems, decayed teeth or deposits on teeth and tongue. For local reasons, you have to get the cleaning done from dentist and get the gums problems treated. Along with this you yourself have to maintain very good oral hygiene like brushing twice a day along with regulare flossing and tonue cleaning. Deposit on tongue is one of major causes of bad taste in mouth. You can use some good antimicrobial mouthwash also which will take care of disease producing bacteria in the mouth. If the local factors are not the cause then there can be some systomic reasons also like sinustis or some other systomic problem. For this you have to go to your physician. Fore more on how to keep good oral hygiene, you can read this and other related article....www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation