I chiped a molar and the tooth was temp capped,no pain,after perm cap was done I had jaw pain for 2 wks so I had tooth pulled which was cracked verticaly.It's been 2 month and I still have pain that is in both jaw joints and pain up the back of my neck and the back of my head.I took perks for pain and ran out 2 wks ago.I have constant headachs that makes it hard to function. besides goin to same dentist what can be done ?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - July - 2011, at 19:56 PM

• If after 2 months of tooth extraction you still have pain in the jaw and it is quite acute then it can be due to some other infected tooth. Sometimes it is because of the chipped tooth which you got capped. As it was not root canal treated, so chances of its getting infected are there. Normally they donot pain after temporary crowns but as the infection seeps in the tooth they start paining afterwards. But you have to get it diagnosed from dentist with clinical exam and radiographic evaluation and if this tooth is culprit then you have to get root canal treatment done in this tooth. For more info on root canal treatment you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation