Is it possible to get braces if I have veneers on my 2 front teeth? I have an overbite and the tooth under one of my veneers is a little crooked. I had braces before but my overbite came back. If I can get braces would invisalign be an option?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - October - 2011, at 02:52 AM

• Yes you can get braces or invisaligns with veneers. If the dental veneers are healthy and are properly bonded to the tooth structure, then invisaligns or braces will in no manner affect the veneers. Your orthodontist will be more cautious in putting dental braces or invisaligns to your teeth with veneers.  There is risk of damage to veneers with braces treatment so braces may be given inside teeth that are lingual orthodontics. New veneers may also be required if veneers are damaged after braces treatment. It is difficult to comment without clinical examination.  Invisalign braces are also an option to correct the alignment and overbite in teeth. They are tooth colored, removable aligners but can’t be used to correct severe overbite in teeth. You can consult your orthodontist to know that whether invisaligns can be given in your case. For more info on invisaligns, you can refer to…  http://www.identalhub.com/article_invisalign-braces-164.aspx

Free Dental Consultation