I HAVE HAD A TOOTH/GUM PAIN, THAT'S GOTTEN SEVERE IN THE PAST CUOPLE OF DAYS, IN THE UPPER GUMS SURROUNDING THE TOOTH, BOTTOM AND THE INNER GUM AREA. i'VE HAD THIS PAIN FOR A WHILE NOW, AND HAD TO GET A ROOT CANAL FOR THIS MOLAR , BOUT 1 1/2 MONTHS AGO, BUT I DIDN'T GET THE CROWN PUT IN YET. THE PAIN I STARTED TO EXPERIENCE RECENTLY IS A PULSATING TYPE OF A SHARP PAIN, THAT ALSO SHOOTS DOWN TO THE JAW LINE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS PAIN MIGHT BE, NAND WHAT COULD BE DOEN ABOUT IT THANK YOU HELEN

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - July - 2010, at 20:53 PM

• If the pain is around the tooth which is already root canal treated then the pain can be either because the tooth is still infected or it can be because of the re infection of the tooth as you never get it crowned and if filling has come out then it can be reinfected. Another possibility is that the tooth is cracked as this is quite common with the root canal treated teeth and because of this the teeth are crowned. You have to get the proper diagnosis made and the option of re root canal is there. For more info on re root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation