Hello, I had a white porcelain crown fitted on one of my front tooth a while back, around 5 years ago. However, my tooth all of a sudden feels sensitive when i tap on it or when i move my lips inward. The pain is manageable but a bit aggravating. I would like to know what might be causing the sensitive sensation and pain before i go to a dentist.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - January - 2011, at 20:30 PM

• You have not mentioned whether the tooth which has crown is Root Canal Treated before or not. If it is Root Canal treated then the pain may be either because of failure of Root Canal Treatment or it can be because of some gum infection. If it is beacause of failure of RCT then you have to go for Re-root canal treatment  but if is due to some gum infection then after assessing the bone loss, the treatment plan will be decided and may be you need gum surgery. If the tooth is not Root Canal Treated then you have to go for RCT of the tooth. For more info on complications after crowns you can read the following article... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation