Two years ago, I had a filling put into my 2nd upper molar. Two days ago, after flossing it, the filling came out. There is only the exterior wall remaining, that has gone black. An X-ray reveals some infection at the root. The dentist who performed the filling told me that it needs to come out. However, I am wondering if I could have it capped or else. I am not in pain and it does not bother me. I have started eating lots of garlic to reduce the infection at the root of the tooth and keep the pain away. Thanks in advance for your answer. Best regards, Yvonne Siegwart

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - August - 2011, at 11:04 AM

• If the tooth is badly decayedand the X-ray reveals infection even then there is no need for extracting the tooth. If you really wanrt to save the tooth you can go for root canal treatment and then get the tooth capped. In case tooth material is less then you can go for post and core and above that the crown can be given. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link       http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation