ok firstly i am really scared of dentist and thankfully havent needed one till yet. im 20yrs old and my wisdom tooth is coming out and it really really hurts from some days and i can hardly eat something and the flesh were that tooth is growing it is coming out i can feel that flesh coming out by touching my tongue there in that part what should i do?? i am really scared please reply soon

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - June - 2011, at 11:02 AM

• If the erupting wisdom teetha are causing pain and discomfort then they can be imacted which means either there is insufficient space in gums for their eruption or their growth angulation is not correct. For this you have to go to dentist and get the panographic xray done to find out the position of erupting wisdom teeth. If they are impacted then you have to get them extracted but if it is just a soft tissue which is around the erupting tooth which is called as pericoronitis then you have to get the treatment done for that which is surgical removal of the inflammed soft tissue. Till then maintain very good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. for complete info on wisdom teeth you read this article.... www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation