Hi Dr, I removed my upper right wisdom tooth 6days ago. While the tooth was healing, i lost a blood clot about 4 days ago, but the tooth is healing fine with no too much pain. My problem is pressure in my right maxillary sinus close to the roof of my mouth. The whole of my right face feels immense pressure especially just on the right side of nose and the roof of my mount. the dentist told me that it may be an inflammation and instructed me to use sudafed, but is not working. What can i do please?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - May - 2012, at 23:55 PM

• During the extraction of maxially wisdom tooth, there are chances of puncturing of maxillary sinus as the roots of wisdom tooth are quite close to it. In the next few day look for symptoms like dull pain and congestion of the sinus area, water coming out of your nose when you drink. You can take antibiotics like amoxycillin. If you feel these problems in the next few days than immediately visit to your dentist...To know more about complications after tooth extraction you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-during-tooth-extraction-880.aspx

Free Dental Consultation