Hey there!So I had a filling done about 3 weeks ago(tooth 19 ,resin comp-3s,posterior),and it hurts when I chew on it(gum,hard food),I called the office,they said it might be too high,they took an xray and filed down and it still hurts,I asked for a second opinion and this dr said to re do the filing by placing a temporary fill and after 2 months,to put the permanent again,right after he did this my injection site(he numbed the tooth) was bleeding,looked infected I went back after 3 days and he said he does not have an explanation why is doing that,aside from this problem with the gums,my tooth stil hurts when I chew on it.But I want to mention that the pain is not where the cavity was,is on the other side,I see the filling on top of my tooth,why the first dr put the filling on top when I had the cavity on the side?Do you think is overfilling that's why is hurting?The second dr did not remove the permanent fill only where the original cavity was,so part of it is stil there and that's the place that hurts when I chew.I don't know what to do,I hate to call back and tell them what? Now I am in pain not only when I chew, all the time,the pain radiates in my ear,I am lost,please help me!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - August - 2012, at 22:51 PM

• Your question is bit confusing but what i can gather from it is that there is still infection beneath the filling. So, my advise is to get everything removed (ofcourse filling) and restart the procedure right from shooting an Xray. If the pain was due to high filling then it would have alleviated in a week or so. So visit the dentist and get the treatment restarted. For detailed info on pain after RCT visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation