its been 11 days after i had my wisdom teeth extracted and 3 out of 4 are healing just fine with no pain but my bottom left (the one that was impacted and that had the roots close to a nerve in my jaw) is having a really bad throbbing pain when i wake up in the morning and it is also really swollen but then i take ibprophen and it gets better throughout the day , somone please tell me how to fix this and whats going on!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - August - 2012, at 02:12 AM

• Pain after wisdom tooth is normal and the healing period varies from tooth to tooth. It depends upon the trauma that you underwent while extraction. Usually the pain is more during night hours so it is advised to sleep with pillow underneath your head. Also take care not to eat anything solid from that side and regarding swelling apply a warm water dipped cloth over that area. Take extra precaution while brushing as not to dislodge the clot. Keep a regular follow up with your dentist and if the problem persisits then visit a dentist. For more info on aftercare instructions visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation