Plzzz help....Last week I went for filling. It was bit loose. So i informed to my dentist. He said that it will set in a day or so but today i was eating chicken and to my dismay when ended with the delicious meal i noticed that my tooth was empty without any filling. I fainted there and then. After 15-20 minutes i regained my consiousness. Now my question is was that due to the filling that I swallowed and what do i need to do to. Is it serious? What results can i face?

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 22 - September - 2012, at 03:39 AM

  • There is nothing really to worry about if you swallowed filling. There is actually no harm if a small chip of filling or broken filling is swallowed.If you had a silver filling,it can be harmful if you are allergic to any of the materials present in amalgam fillings.But the health risks are quite low as the mercury present in amalgam fillings is poorly absorbed and typically does not enter the bloodstream and is excreted. Eat a normal diet but add more of soluble fiber in your diet if you experience constipation. Soluble fiber will soften your stool and will speed up the recovery process.  It may take 4-5 days for the tooth to pass through the digestive system. 

Free Dental Consultation