dear doctor,i have little bit white coating on my tongue. can it be permanently removed if i brush my tongue regularly? if so how long it will take to remove this coating?if i do not have bad breathe and if i lick my wrist then how it will smell? thanks in advance..

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - June - 2012, at 22:22 PM

• Dear T GADDUSKY, though you are flossing and brushing daily but there are chances of bad breath due to unhealthy gums so see a dentist. Sometimes indigestion or acid reflux is also the reason behind bad breath.Acids from the stomach reflux back causing horrible bad breath. so, you should first visit a doctor to know the exact cause rather then blindly going for the treatment. In the meantime, avoid sugar, coffee or dairy products. In public places or friends meet try having a mint sugar free chewing gum.

• T GADDUSKY

T GADDUSKY 22 - June - 2012, at 05:40 AM

• Hello DR.brushing and flossing have i done but i still got this resisting or persisting mouth odor,i even visited a dentist and had some scale and polish done but his isn't getting better,what the hell do i need to do now,Thanks in advance

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - June - 2012, at 01:17 AM

• The first thing to do is to visit a dentist and get the tongue checked. And yes the layer can be removed if it is food debris. What you can do is first floss each and every tooth, then brush gently with soft bristles tooth brush . After that scrap you tongue gently to remove the stuck debris and when you are done with it do rinses with mouth wash. For more info on treatment of bad breath visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-bad-breath-6.aspx

Free Dental Consultation