I had my #30 tooth removed on 7/20. Haven't been feeling much pain at all, barely need any medications, but I do sense some throbbing and irritation at the site. I've been careful to follow my post-op instructions, but since I'm 37, I was told to expect healing to take anywhere from one to three weeks. Is it normal to still feel some discomfort, mild, at the site? Should I be concerned about dry socket? I am on antibiotics and have dissolvable stitches at the site as well. Been eating soft foods, but was told that I could resume a normal diet at this time if I'm comfortable. My site kind of feels like it's pulling just a little bit, but I don't seem to feel the need for medications. Would dry socket cause a lot of pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - July - 2012, at 00:42 AM

• I think the symptoms ur experiencing is that of normal healing process and as such there is nothing wrong .The dry socket yes actually causes moderate to severe pain and there is bad breath and bad taste in the mouth.Also the socket appears yellowish gray and looks dull and dry and normal blood clot is absent.

As of now u dont have any problem and its just the normal healing that is occuring.Try to maintain good oral hygiene , clean that area with soft brush very gently .Rinse ur mouth with warm saline rinses and take medications as prescribed.

Avoid smoking and alcohol as it delays the healing ...................for more info refer the link................http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation