Hi, I had a broken front teeth,it was filled in and it has been more than 5 years.I did not have any single encounter of tooth pain.I had braces treatment for an year (Most effecting this teeth).Its been almost a year after braces had been removed.Yesterday i had intense pain on the top part of my tooth (filled&most exposed braces).I consulted my dentist and he took an x-ray and said that i had an infection as the soft tissue below was infected and i have to undergo a RootCanal Treatment.He have prescribed a course of antibiotics. Since i don't have an history of regular pain of pain when consuming hot or cold food.Do i need to undergo RCT? Can Antibiotics Cure my Infection. Please do give me your Advice Thank You

Leave Comment

Comments

• Ajay

Ajay 29 - March - 2012, at 00:23 AM

• Sir, How can i a prevent the infection from happening again in the future or atleast take maximum care.Since my tooth did not have any sort of problems for years.Is there a Sudden need to do a root canal.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - March - 2012, at 11:27 AM

• Some times there is no hot and cold sensation or the pain before even if the tooth is infected. it happens in case of chronic infection . Suddenly one day the pain is there may be because of some trigger factor like eating some thing hard with that tooth or if  the trauma is there. So if your dentist says that there is infection then you have to go for root canal treatment. The antibiotics will subside the infection and hance the pain but the infection does not go with antibiotics. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation