Hi, I had my front tooth filled as it was broken.It has been almost 10 years. I had used braces in the last 1 year to correct the position(particularly of this teeth).In these 10 years i did not have a single problem with this tooth.But suddenly yesterday i got severe pain in the tooth,when i consulted the dentist he said that i had periapical Infection after taking the xray.He gave me antibiotics and said that i had to do Root Canal Treatment. Please clear my following doubts -Since my tooth has stayed there for 10 years without a problem,can it heal itself.Is there a need to do root canal suddenly.I think that after the next occurrence of the pain i will go for it.Is there a problem waiting?Will waiting destroy my teeth? -Days before i had this infection one of my eyelids where swollen,it went away normally and my lymph node in the folding of the thigh is swollen.It is reducing after the consumption of antibiotics.Is there a connection between these two?Has an external infection caused the lymph node to swell and eventually caused my tooth infection ?Is this the trigger? -I plan to do the RCT after the next occurrence of the pain.As my tooth did not have a problem for years.Is there a problem in waiting?I will get pain before some chronic problem arise right?I there any other health problems? Please do help me out.I'm in need of urgent help. Thank You

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - March - 2012, at 08:20 AM

• If there is periapical infection it is better to go for the root canal treatmant. As the periapical infection can cause the bone resorption and your tooth can become loose. Then it becomes difficult to save the tooth and moresoever an infected tooth in the mouth is the source of infection . No, There is no link between the swollen eye or the pain in tooth. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation