Clenching teeth Asked 8 minutes ago - Indio, CA Dental Exam Impacted Tooth SIr, I am an artist and I tend to clench my teeth together when I concentrate really hard.. I just noticed this pattern but it had been persistent for all the time now.. I am now consciously avoiding it as I have become to notice it.. The lower right canine is now wearied to some extent so that each time I take cold water, I feel pain in the jaw area.. I have an irregular teeth arrangement with a deep bite..I have also noticed that my teeth, as a whole, are getting weaker.. When I inspect them with a flashlight in a mirror, I could see translucent regions towards the sharp end away from the roots.. IS there any way to restore teeth ? I have now switched to using sensitive toothpaste. But do I have to use sensitive toothpaste and live with the pain for the rest of my life .?? Is there any dietary precaution or suggestion for stronger teeth which is actually helpful for me ? Thank you for your time and effort.

Leave Comment

Comments

• ashok

ashok 09 - June - 2012, at 20:22 PM

• Dr. Ritz Thank you for your time in replying.. I appreciate it. I am duly scheduling the visit as we speak. Ashok.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - June - 2012, at 02:26 AM

• There are certain natural ways to prevent bruxism like:

• yoga
    • deep breathing
    • Massaging the temple region
    • listening to music

Professional methods to treat tooth grinding include

• Mouth guard or night guard that you should wear the time when you fell that the problem is at max like you said while paiting.

for the teeth that have already damaged, you should visit a dentist and get the problem fixed ASAP....

More info regarding bruxism and its treatment you can visit...http://www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosing-and-curing-bruxism-13.aspx

Free Dental Consultation