i have just gone through an RCT in my upper right first molar, on the first day it was just tender after the rct but the day after its started paining a lot. it was subsided by medication but not completly. i visted my dentist again on the 3rd day. she changed the dressing and removed a little of more pulp from the tooth. i was feeling pain when the file was completly inside and was hitting the bottom. i guess that their is some pulp left in the bottom of the tooth but my dentist checked it on a device called apex locator and told me that two of my canals were over prepared (19mm instead of 18mm )and thats why it is paining. she told me that it will pain for 2-3 days as it will heal and prescribed some painkillers and antibiotics. right now its paining a lot, i cant chew either from the opposite side as when they came in contact with the lower tooth it hurts. By painkiller(ibuprofen) it is subsided for 3-4 hours but after that it starts again. What can be the solution of this.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - April - 2012, at 10:26 AM

• During root canal procedure if the canals are over prepared then there is foreign body reaction and pain is there . Your dentist is right. It will heal in 2 to 3 days but take care not to eat from that side and do not irritate the tooth. Till then keep taking your meds regularly and when the pain subsides you can go for permanent restoration. For more info on complications after root canal treatment you can visit the followwing link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation