Hi! I am missing of an adult or permanent tooth under my current baby tooth. It happen to be the Second Premolar. The baby tooth unfortunately is badly decayed and has already damage the nerve hence I don't feel anything currently but dentist recommend me to pluck it out and put braces to close the gap since I have a bit of overcrowding teeth. However braces is not cheap in my country hence I was thinking of plucking out the baby tooth first in case any virus spread and affect my other teeth. My concern here is whether will my teeth that is behind the second premolar be affected, like shift out of place or crooked if there an empty slot in front as I need to wait till at least end of this year to get a braces and planning to pluck it out within this month. Thank you so much for your help in advance! Best Regards Ben

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - July - 2013, at 19:51 PM

• Yes if you get the tooth extracted now and donot go for space closure then the tooth which is behind or in front of space can move into this space. So it is always better to go for the treatment when you get the tooth pulled out. for more info on tooth extraction you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation