5 days ago I had 11 teeth extracted upper and lower. I now have full upper snd lower dentures. I am in excruciating pain. My face is swollen, bruised, snd have a foul odor. I try to eat but can't. I took them out today to see if that would relieve my psin. It didn't work.nif anything it has gotten worse. Now I am suffering with an intense headache. I fearbif I keep my teeth out theyvwont fit right. Is this normal? The dentist gave me NO info on anything to expect. I am thinking of visiting er just I know whst to do. Can you please help me? Thank you Cheryl

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - September - 2013, at 02:58 AM

• You must have gone for immediate dentures. They are quite painful. Try not to eat anything sold with it. You can only take semisolid or liquids with this. As extraction sockets are not healed in 5 days. You can take some painkiller, do warm saline rinses 3-4 times day and keep the area clean. You have to contact you dentist as if the infection has set in then may be antiboitics are needed. For more info on immediate dentures you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dentures-50.aspx

Free Dental Consultation