Hi, I'm in Thailand and just had a root canal yesterday. My main concern is when to start with the crown. I have an appointment for the post to be inserted that's three days after the procedure. Here's why I started wondering if that's too soon: At the end of the procedure, as the endodontist was cleaning or filling the last canal, I started to have pain. The pain increased as the novocaine wore off. I've taken a NSAID since. 7 or 8 hours after the procedure, I leaned over and felt a lot of pressure in my sinuses, then had a clear brown liquid leak from my left nostril. (Procedure was on back upper left molar.) This leaking has continued on and off, sometimes running down my throat, along with a sense of congestion in the left sinuses. It seems clear the procedure went through to my sinuses. Is this something that should clear up on its own, or that requires antibiotics or other treatments, and again, should I postpone beginning the crown process? Thanks for your help!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - February - 2012, at 22:34 PM

• if there was a discharge from the nose after getting the root canal teatment then that clearily signifies that the sinus is involved . it is very unlikely as the root canal is done inside the tooth but this means that the instrument has gone beyond the root . In this case you should wait for some times as the chance of flare up or the failure of root canal is more. If it heals and you are symptom free at least for 3 to 6 weeks only then you shoud go for the crown. You can discuss with your dentist. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation