Hi, my upper right back molar (the 7th) is decayed to the point that I either need to extract it or do root canal treatment. Right now I'm leaning towards the former, but was wondering about the negative consequences of removing the tooth? Will it significantly affect my chewing or other teeth? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Elaine

Elaine 10 - June - 2015, at 20:42 PM

• Thank you very much!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - June - 2015, at 20:21 PM

• If the tooth can be saved even if by root canal treatment then you must go for it as natural tooth is the best but if it can not be saved and you have made your mind to get it pulled out then you have to go for replacement ie either the implant or fixed bridge. Without that the chew is definately affected as the posterior molar if it is not wisdom tooth, helps in chewing and if it is not replaced then the other teeth are affected as the arch integration is compromised and other teeth will also show the movement. So in my opinion go for root canal treatment and save the tooth. For more info on root canal treatment you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation