to start i dont have wisdom teeth. i had a crown on one of my back molars and it fell off a year ago. iv had no problems so far. but 2 weeks ago i noticed skin or gum tissue in the hole of whats left of the tooth. at first i thought nothing of it but it has rapidly grow in these 2 weeks. the tissue now fills the entire hole in my tooth and seems to still be growing. it bleeds everytime i brush my teeth and occasionally through the day, but its not painful anywhere. it is a little sensative but isnt causing pain. do u know what it could be and what i should do? i am unable to go to a dentist becausse i cant afford it.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - September - 2013, at 20:07 PM

• Gum has grown into the cavity which was in the tooth. It is called as gingival polyp. This is just the growth of gums into the tooth and for treatment the gum polyp has to be cut and cavity has to be filled so that recurrence is not there. You yourself cannot do anything except for maintaining good oral hygiene and warm saline rinses. Initially it is not painful but repeated trauma and infection can make it painful. So you have to schedule a visit to dentist or try some dental school. They will either fill the tooth or pull it out. 

Free Dental Consultation