I've had one for over 4 years now, it's draining via a fistula in my upper gum. Assuming I could even afford it, what would they do to treat it? The tooth is gone. Also, if I don't have anything done to it, what would happen? I sometimes get bad headaches that make that side of my head hurt and also travel down my spine. The only new symptoms since this has occurred are splinter hemorrhages in my fingernails and I get some heart arrhythmias(?) more often, sometimes get upper back pain, but I don't think I have endocarditis. Thank you for any information, cheers! :)

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 31 - August - 2016, at 22:24 PM

  • First of all after taking the history and doing the clinical examination the dentist will take the Radiograph to find out the cause of the abcess If it is because of the root stump it will be pulled out and if it is in relation to some decayed tooth that will be pulled out or treated depending upon the extent of decay. A draining abcess is not good . It is the focus of infection for the body so it is better you get it treated. For more info on dental abcess you can visit the following link on our website..


Free Dental Consultation