71 yr old male, problem with tooth lower right. I believe #30. Some bone erosion under tooth - present for 5-7 years+, Now cavity at furcation (sp) Options given - Pull tooth then: replace with bridge bone graft to fill in erosion then bridge bone graft then implant bone graft cost to me - about 700 bridge 1200-1500 implant 4500-5000 Your advice, suggestion?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 04 - April - 2012, at 07:53 AM

  • If the furcation involvment is there then the tooth has to be pulled out after that whether to go for the implant or the bridge depend upon many factors. If you opt for bridge then getting the bone graft is not very important as in that case support is taken from the adjacent teeth. but if you are opting for the implant then bone graft is must as the support is taken from the bone. Without clinical examination and detailed history it is difficult to suggest you the treatment options. For more info on dental implant and bone graft you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-understanding-dental-implant-bone-grafting-682.aspx

Free Dental Consultation