I was told that I have gum disease all over my mouth. And in order to do my porcelain crown veneers, I need to have scaling and root planning done. Did the hygienist do a good job cleaning and treating my teeth and gum when the whole process took about an hour and 15 minutes. My invoice was for UL, UR, LL, LR (Perio scale&root pin-4+per quad)and six local antibiotic.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - February - 2012, at 06:20 AM

• You have to wait till the gums heal that is there is no bleeding and they are firm and carol pink in color. It may take a minimun a week for gums to heal. But it depends on the extent of infammation in the gums.

• kelly

kelly 04 - February - 2012, at 11:57 AM

• how long do I need to wait after scaling and root planning before getting porcelain crown veneers done?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 10:53 AM

• It is always better to get the SCRP done before getting procelain crown veneers. If you donot get it done before getting veneers then with time your gums can recede exposing the margins of veneers and that looks very bad. Hygienst are trained for doing the SCRP and how much time is taken for procedure depends on the amount of deposits on your teeth. For more info on SCRP you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation