Hello, I'm a 25 year old female, and have a couple of questions : 1- Two weeks ago I had one of my upper right teeth filled permanently, my dentist said that the cavity is so deep so he filled it temporarily and left it for six weeks and asked me to come back to have root canal treatment if it started hurting, it didn't, not even once, so I had the permanent filling, problem is that it's aching now, not that unbearable pain, it's like a slight electricity current if I chew on that side, and when I first wake up, should I be concerned? Or its normal? 2- I've removed all my wisdom teeth except one, the two on the left were removed together without any troubles, the upper was removed normally and the bottom had two stitches, the upper on the right was broken during removal, it was a torture, anyway, it recovered after about 2 weeks, now I want to remove the last one, the bottom right, my dentist is convincing me not to remove it because it's supporting the tooth above it and it could be fixed without removal, but it's really hard to reach, and feels awful after flossing, so I decided to remove it, problem is I'm dead scared now, will it break like the one before it? will my teeth be separated from each other now that I don't have any wisdom teeth? I'm too embarrassed to discuss this with my dentist after I insisted on removing it, should I remove it or just fix it? Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• lamya

lamya 22 - November - 2012, at 03:05 AM

• Thank you very much!! I'm glad it's normal, I didn't want a root canal treatment, as for my wisdom teeth, I think I'm not removing it after all, thank you so much for the advice!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - November - 2012, at 02:55 AM

•  

It is common to experience toothache after a dental treatment. Most people experience mild to severe toothache after a filling treatment. Sometimes the tooth also becomes extra sensitive after it. Your affected tooth may experience sensitivity to air, pressure, sweet foods, cold foods, or temperature after the procedure. Usually, this problem of sensitivity and toothache after cavity filling subsides on its own within a few weeks.If toothache doesn't subside within two weeks after the filling or if your teeth have become extremely sensitive, you need to contact your dentist. Most probably your dentist will first recommend a toothpaste for sensitivity or apply a desensitizing agent to the tooth for pain relief. If this does not work, then a root canal treatment might be the solution to eliminate severe toothache.
    Not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. There is nothing inherently bad, lacking or undesirable about these teeth. In fact, just like any other type of tooth, they can be a valuable part of a person's dentition.If your dentist feels that you should not get your wisdom tooth removed, he may be right.Wisdom Teeth retention may be beneficial in many situations
    For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dental-procedures-for-impacted-wisdom-teeth-737.aspx

Free Dental Consultation