I had all upper and lower teeth extracted 1 week ago, and dentures implanted, same day. As of today, my Sinuses (left side) is congested. When I blow my nose it appears Chocolate comes out. (I had chocolate ice cream 2-3 days ago. what is going on?

Leave Comment

Comments

• MIke C

MIke C 14 - August - 2012, at 22:17 PM

• Thank you for the answer. I have a followup with the dentist in the morning. the dark `choclate` color had subsided, but sinuses still clogged. Thanks!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - August - 2012, at 20:18 PM

• If you have chocolate color discharge coming out of the sinus then it can be the sinus perforation which is a common complication after the tooth etraction and the implant surgery. it is not because of the chocolate ice cream. It is better  you visit your dentist and get the proper diagnosis made as it is difficult to give proper diagnosis and treatment plan with out seeing the case clinically and taking the proper history. But take precaution to not to blow the tooth as it can complicate the situation. For more info on complications after tooth extraction you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation